The brand SUMITOMO DRIVE TECHNOLOGIES stands for an established global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of precision drives, standard drives, custom drive solutions, and industrial gearboxes. As part of Sumitomo Heavy Industries (SHI), Japan and the company's Power Transmission and Control (PTC) division, Sumitomo (SHI) Cyclo Drive Germany and Hansen Industrial Transmissions offer almost 100 years of drive technology know-how. With production locations in Markt Indersdorf near Munich and Edegem near Antwerp and subsidiaries in Germany, Benelux, France, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, Turkey, Great Britain, and India we serve the EMEIA market (Europe, Middle East, India and Africa).
For our R & D Department in Markt Indersdorf we are looking for you as
Global R & D Engineer (m/f)
As Global R&D Engineer, you are responsible for the development of new products and execution of necessary testing. You focus on zero backlash actuators. Your field will be the mechanical gear as well as the final mechanical integration of all components. With a lot of freedom to form your role, your ideas and input, will heavily influence the projects and products. This function will report to the Project/Team Leader Global R&D.
- You work on the development and standardization of new products in close cooperation with our R&D / Engineering teams in Yokosuka (Japan) and San Donà (Italy).
- You conduct the research of new technologies suitable for our highly advanced products.
- You develop integrated drive solutions for robotics in teamwork with the R&D team in Japan and our motor experts in Italy.
- You simulate the developed products in FEA and test them in our laboratory facilities
- You will participate in the planning and implementation of customer oriented calculation tools
- Bachelor / Master Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar
- Experience with motor technology, gear and/or bearing technology is a plus
- Good working experience of CAD software, preferably Inventor and FEA software, preferably AnSys
- Curious and open minded, always motivated to explore new paths.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Structured approach in daily business
- Working experience in an international context but based in an experienced local team.
- Fluency in English is required, although multilingual skills are preferred
- Willingness to travel
At Sumitomo Drive Technologies EMEIA, we are looking for people who share our passion for technology. Whether you work in engineering, sales, production or one off the support functions, it is in our DNA to put our customers first and provide them with solutions to make a difference.
We also strongly believe that diversity makes us stronger. It doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from, it’s your talent and attitude that make the difference.
Choosing for Sumitomo Drive Technologies EMEIA means choosing for an international company that offers challenging jobs with autonomy, an attractive compensation with extralegal benefits, an informal atmosphere and attention for your personal and professional development.
Please send your application documents to [email protected].